Teco TK2000 Water Chiller
TECO TK2000 WATER CHILLER
The exclusive use of high-quality compressors and of the titanium coaxial heat exchanger, ensures high performance and low energy consumption. The set of technologies used allows you to decrease noise levels and achieve the highest COP (Coefficient Of Performance) contributing to significant energy savings.
EFFICIENT COOLING TECHNOLOGY
- The exclusive use of high-quality compressors and of the titanium coaxial heat exchanger, ensures high performance and low energy consumption. The set of technologies used allows you to decrease noise levels and achieve the highest COP (Coefficient Of Performance) contributing to significant energy savings.
- Intuitive setting of functions and accurate temperature detection, resolution 0.1°C/0.2°F. The setting range is 0°-35°C (32°F-95°F) and there is a closed loop temperature control system with high accuracy and extremely tight differential (0.5°C/1°F). Displayed temperature is in °C or °F and there are security alarms.
- The chiller, with its innovative design, is characterised by a solid structure designed to guarantee a perfect protection against rust. The functionality of the shape and the compact size are also suitable for confined spaces.
- The innovative TECOair SYSTEM (Figure 1) makes it possible to rotate the conveyor, thus ensuring optimal air exchange for the chiller and heat output from the cabinet. Quick and easy magnetic air filter maintenance. Moreover, the innovative “pinch off plier” allows easy removal of the chiller for maintenance. The standard built-in heater ensures continuous and optimal maintenance of temperature in all use conditions.
- Supply - 230V-50Hz (others supplies available on quantity)
- Cooling Power Consumption - 440 w
- Ecological Refrigerant - R134a
- Min. Flow rate - 600 lt / h
- Tank Size - up to 2000 lt (water temp. 25°C - Room temp. 30°C - Heating load 0,3 w / lt)
- Dimensions - mm. 310 x 310 x 500 (h)
- Dimensions - in. 12.2 x 12.2 x 19.96 (h)
- Weight - 21,4 kg
- Connections - fitting 3/4" - 16mm int. tube diameter
Before purchasing any chiller you should consider all the points below.
- All TECO TK chillers from the TK 500 upwards can heat as well as chill. Simply set the chiller your desired temperature and the chiller will hold you aquarium at that temperature. This is a highly efficient way of maintaining your aquariums temperature without the use of external heaters.
- The TK 3000 and TK 6000 are both capable of heating as well as chilling. They can also be fitted with inboard UVC systems. Heater upgrade kits are available for models that don’t have this facility as standard, UVC upgrade kits are also available.
- When purchasing a chiller there are many things to consider beyond price and looks. It must be remembered that an aquarium chiller takes heat out of the aquarium, it doesn’t put cold in. The water returning from the chiller unit is colder than the water entering the chiller but this is because the heat has been removed and not cold put in.
- As we have established above, a chiller removes heat from the aquarium. The chiller unit then has to discharge that heat somewhere in exactly the same manner as the fridge in your kitchen does. If you feel the back of your refrigerator it will be warm; this is because it is removing heat from inside the fridge. If your chiller is located in an unventilated cupboard under your aquarium it will simply recycle that heat and drastically impede the chiller’s performance, so ventilation and air space are essential for the correct working of your chiller.
SOURCES OF HEAT
- Your aquarium may be located in a room where the temperature can fluctuate between 20°c-30°c, which can have a significant impact on the inhabitants of your aquarium. Heat is generated by just about every electrical item you have in, on, above and in the sump of your aquarium. Pumps, lights, UVs, power skimmers, etc, all add heat to your aquarium. Please also consider the location of your pipe-work to and from your chiller. There is no point locating your chiller in a well-ventilated location then running your pipe-work directly under a heat source such as a metal halide light. Consider insulating this pipe-work if possible.
- This is crucial if you are to get the best out of your investment in a chiller.
- DO NOT subtract volume for displacement of rock and decor in the aquarium as these items will also hold heat. It must also be remembered that dark objects such as rock will absorb heat from your lighting. It is a false economy and will not achieve the results you require to undersize your chiller. Remember, if the chiller is too small it may not work at all! It is also very important to ensure your chiller has the correct flow rate for the model you are using. Too little or too much flow will also impede your chiller’s performance.
Got a question to ask?
Use this form to submit your question.
Question will be displayed after moderation.